Tuesday, November 27, 2007

decisions, decisions.......

Lottie and I have been having a lot of fun today pulling out fabrics and looking though patterns trying to come up with some Christmas outfits. Originally I had planned one christmas dress in the green 'katie jump rope' fabrics, but Lottie had her heart set on the vintage pink polished cotton. So with a little change of plan we have decided to do two outfits.

First up is an outfit for the kindy Chritsmas party and probably the playgroup Christmas party as well. It may even get worn to carols, as they are usually a relaxed picnic in our local park so this would be perfect. The pattern is a vintage simplicity one and I will make the shorter dress and also the little shorts to go underneath. I will probably adjust the pattern a bit to get rid of the centre seam down the front of the dress.


Next is the fancy outfit for Christmas day lunch and also photos with Santa. This fabric is a much treasured vintage polished cotton. I bought it unused with the label still attached. So many times I have come close to snipping into it but have always held back. Lottie spied it in my stash and pulled it out asking if she could pretty please have a dress in the shiny pink for Christmas. Now what mumma could say no to such sweet manners. I am starting to get a little bit tired of all the pink in her wardrobe but this has lovely touches of orange through it as well and the fabric is just so so lovely, I think I can handle one more pink dress. I will use another vintage simplicity pattern, this time number 8566. It will be the short sleeve version pictured in yellow. I am tempted to make it without sleeves as Christmas day is bound to be hot but who could resist those darling puffed sleeves. I will leave the lace trim off the neck though. I can't say I am a huge fan of lace.

10 comments:

Leah said...

Ingrid, those patterns are so darling and the fabrics are perfect. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Claire Falkingham said...

Oh Ingrid, those patterns are just GORGEOUS!! Love the fabric as well - KJR is my favourite dress making fabric - can't wait to see the end result.

Natalie said...

Oh Ingrid, those patterns and fabric are just adorable!! I think that the green will be perfect for the more casual occasions. I can't wait to see the pink one all made up, seriously a girl can NEVER have too much pink now can she!

Little Munchkins said...

I love the Katie Jump Rope fabric. Perfect for Christmas but not too Christmassy, you know?

Kylie said...

Ingrid - Love the pattern and material choices for Lotties Christmas wardrobe - cant wait to see them made up

Tamara said...

I think I would be using my bestest manners in I spied some of the fabrics in your stash too!

I think I would have a lot of fun looking through it.

Marie said...

lovely choices - lookinf forward to seeing Lottie all dressed up in the real deal

Clair Bremner said...

gorgeous stuff...can't wait to see the precious girl wearing them :)

Bronwyn said...

I do also love a puffed sleeve - pink and orange Yum!

Karen TW said...

last year i planned for emelia to wear the sleeveless little top i bought from you - but it was FREEZING! so sleeves are not a bad thing for christmas ;p