Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Christmas Dress

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are lazing about after eating lots of goodies. I certainly am. In fact it is just about time for another snooze on the lounge. But I just wanted to quickly show off a few pictures of the Christmas Day dress. Did I mention I am in love with it?!?! It is just so devine. The fabric is so so wonderful and falls beautifully. In fact I think this is my most loved creation yet. I am not normally at all precious about clothes. They are made to be worn and get dirty with the busy job of being a child, but I may just have to keep this one a little bit special. I even had the perfect vintage buttons in my stash for the back. After all the frustration making the first Christmas outfit, this dress came together without a hitch and turned out better than I ever expected. Please excuse her grubby face in the photos, she had just finished her Christmas lunch.

Front

Front detail

Back

made for dancing

13 comments:

Clair said...

she looks beautiful Ingrid, you did a great job. :)

Corrie said...

gorgeous girl and gorgeous dress! there looks like a lot of detail and I think someone had fun in it...it also looks very clean considering someone just ate their lunch!!!!!

corrie:)

Helen said...

The dress looks just beautiful Ingrid, ;ovely work. Merry Christmas!

Debby said...

A very pretty Christmas dress for a very cute girl. You did a wonderful job and I really like the color.....

Heids said...

Gorgeous Ingrid - your sewing and your beautiful girl do justice to that lovely fabric.

driftwood said...

really lovely! the dancing shot is perfect, sums up the happiness of Christmas perfectly!

Cascade Lily said...

Oooh it is lovely Ingrid :)

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas too :)

Louise said...

What a beautiful dress - such lovely fabric and so well made!

Brenda said...

That is gorgeous Ingrid! I want your sewing skills!!

Jodie said...

I love that front detail. She looks gorgeous.

Tamara said...

Beautiful!

I love the last photo.

Kylie said...

You have done a fantastic job on the dress Ingrid - glad that you are getting some time to put your feet up! I would keep it for that something "Special" as well!

ingridk said...

Lovely dress, definately made for dancing