Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I stayed home



After all my excitement about sew it together I ended up pulling out and staying home. My poor dad has been diagnosed with bowel cancer and I needed to be here for my family. That is also why this blog has been so quiet. Sorry to just disappear like that but family comes first and I didn't have the time or the motivation to get in here to update.

The good news is that my dads surgery went well and he is recovering in hospital. And from what I hear SIT was a great success and I can't wait to head off and join my sewing pals next year.

Even though I didn't get there I did still make a little name tag for Gillian. I hope she had fun wearing it, I know I enjoyed making it for her. I wasn't very imaginative. I just did another version of the name tag I made for Donna last year. But instead of claiming lack of creativity, I am going to instead claim this as my signature style, so watch out if you get me as a partner in the SIT name tag swap next year as you will get a 'Hello my name is...' badge all of your very own.

And after all the silence around here I will be back tomorrow with a kitty style post. I figure I might as well just jump right back into it.

12 comments:

Fran said...

Sorry to hear your Dad's been ill Ingrid, but so glad things are looking up.

I was just about to send a message saying how I wished I had been to both SIT and the last Craftroom Sunday......

Family should always come first.

Becky said...

I did miss you, but I understand why you pulled out. Glad to hear your Dad's op went well and I will keep my fingers crossed x

Brenda said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad Ingrid, I hope he has a really positive recovery and is feeling a whole lot better as soon as possible.

Jenn said...

I'm glad to hear your Dad's surgery went well, I hope the path forward is easy for all of you.

willow and moo said...

Missed you Ingrid. Hopefully I'll see you before next SIT. Good news on your dad's surgery.

Karen said...

Very glad to hear all went well for your dad, but very sorry you couldn't be there with us, you were missed.
I love your signature style, here's hoping you get me next year!

emum said...

Sorry to hear about your dad, Ingrid :( Hope the op/ went well.

DH's dad is battling it too.

Cheers,
Sally :)

ingrid said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
emum/sally, I would love to get in touch again. You have no reply on your blogger address so I can't respond that way. You can email me via the link on my blogger profile. It would be lovely to hear how you are doing.
Ingrid
xoxo

OliversForest said...

i'm sorry to hear about your daddy but i'm glad he's doing better!

Ana said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope his recovery has been good.

creativecontroller said...

I still have my name tag that you made me. It sits on my wall right behind my machine. Always within quick reach if I ever need a name tag.

kuku fashion australia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.